Interested in the cost savings and environmental benefits of energy efficiency? CBI performs energy audits to help our clients realize the full potential for energy savings in their facilities.
CBI offers a broad spectrum of energy studies ranging from a quick facility walk-though to a comprehensive analysis, which includes a detailed look at alternative energy efficiency measures. By evaluating the equipment and systems in your facility that impact energy consumption, we can identify and prioritize energy-saving steps that will save you money for years to come.
Facility audits include:
- Building analysis
- Collection of utility data, which includes installed equipment and analysis of energy bills
- Survey of the operating conditions and the building as it relates to weather, occupancy, and operating schedules
- An estimation of energy savings, featuring suggested adjustments and the savings potential
Business benefits of a utility audit
Creating an environmentally and energy efficient business can have a profound impact on our shared environment and for most business owners “greening” a business is a pragmatic decision that results in copious benefits.
A Large financial services conglomerate in the U.S. operating in Michigan and Ohio with offerings including banking, casualty insurance, financial planning, health benefit plans, retirement plans for companies, estate planning, and tax services. It is based in Southfield, Michigan.
Headquarters: Southfield, MI
Branch Offices: 24
Business situation – Poor Visibility into Utility Expenses
The facilities unit had gone through many changes within branch locations and had suspected they may have been paying incorrect charges on utility costs. Furthermore, the company had recently acquired multiple properties and sold other previous locations.
Technical situation – CBI Utility Bill Audit
CBI conducted a full audit for all utility expenses (natural gas and electricity) for all the branches locations and headquarters.
Solution – The CBI Results
- Billing errors identified on the Southfield, MI headquarters resulted in a one-time refund check of $21,999.38.
- Additionally CBI recommended a change in electricity distribution codes that resulted in approximately $2,300/month in recurring cost reduction.
- CBI detailed baseline energy charges for all locations and helped consolidate invoices.
- CBI audit identified 3 accounts at branch locations that were billing incorrectly in natural gas rate classifications that resulted in an additional $2,000 a year reduction in recurring costs.
- CBI also identified an opportunity to procure energy costs at a reduced rate and negotiated a 10% reduction in natural gas costs at all locations.
CBI has provided this client with a more accurate view of energy usage and costs. Over the life of the contract CBI will have helped the facilities group implement over $65,000 in reduced energy costs with no capital investments and/or out-of-pocket expenses.